In this interview, I interview Ann about Befriending Your Body.
Ann maintains a private practice in Saratoga Springs, NY, specializing in somatic psychotherapy, and ED recovery.
Her PhD is in Transpersonal Psychology and her license in Clinical Social Work.
She is an author and speaker on embodiment, women’s empowerment, body image, self-compassion, mind/body duality and recovery.
She has led workshops at Kripalu, Shambhala Mountain Center, and has trained professionals through PESI and in her Befriending Your Body Program of Somatic Recovery.
Her first book, Befriending Your Body: A Self-Compassionate Approach to Freeing Yourself from Disordered Eating, was released through Shambhala publications in August, 2018.
Ann also owns An Embodied Life yoga therapy training center. She is a Certified Yoga Therapist, certified Mindfulness teacher, and Self-Compassion teacher through the MSC program.
In Befriending Your Body, Ann talks about:
- Her own recovery from an eating disorder
- Her training in transpersonal and somatic psychotherapy
- The split that causes disembodiment
- The missing element in disordered eating treatment
- How to recover from disordered eating via embodiment and self-compassion
- A body awareness meditation you can try at home
- Befriending Your Body Book
Connect with Ann:
Ann’s An Embodied Life Website
An Embodied Life on Facebook
An Embodied Life on Instagram
Ann on LinkedIn
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists