In M-Bodied Mothering Medicine for Disordered Eating Recovery, Caroline shares her model to help love your body and rediscover food and exercise from pleasurable, sustainable practices through mothering metaphors.
Caroline is a mental health counselor, Registered Yoga Teacher and Chi for Two® Embodiment Coach. She offers psychotherapy and embodiment coaching to adults, teens and families at Harbor of Dreams Art, which is an expressive arts counseling practice, in Atlanta, GA, USA. While specializing in disordered eating and parenting, she draws upon a blend of somatic and cognitive therapies from an attachment-based, trauma-sensitive and polyvagal-informed framework. As a movement educator for 20+ years and a mother of three, Caroline created M-Bodied: Mindful Movement as Mothering Medicine to help people deeply nourish themselves from the inside-out. She believes in the power of meaning-making of the shape-shifting to help discover one’s truths and empowerment.
In M-Bodied Mothering Medicine for Disordered Eating Recovery, Caroline talks about:
- Caroline’s history with food weight, exercise and body
- What is M-Bodied?
- The good enough mother
- Mothering medicine
- What’s oxytocin got to do with it?
- There are many mothers
- Mothering as a verb
- What is Polyvagal Theory?
- What makes us feel unsafe?
- Big Ts and little ts
- Multigenerational trauma
- Why building the relationship in therapy is so important for recovery
- Why anger is crucial
- Depressed = Deep rest
- Matches and mismatches in the relationship
- Attunement and needs
- Family Based Therapy (FBT)
- Eating disorders are family disorders
- Distress tolerance and relational dances
- What can people do at home to heal
- Nature and Mother Earth as healer
- Chi for Two®
- M-Bodied Nourishment: a 3-Course Series for Professionals Working with Disordered Eating
- Free embodiment session for the 1st person to email Caroline
Connect with Caroline online:
Caroline on Instagram
Caroline on LinkedIn
Caroline on Facebook
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.